[Haskell-cafe] whine and solution about programmers not respecting documentations

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 06:46:21 EDT 2010

Ketil Malde <ketil at malde.org> writes:

> Max Rabkin <max.rabkin at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Your deleteBy is (filter . not), isn't it?
>
> With the caveat that I haven't actually used it, my impression is that
> delete only removes one element, while filter removes all of them.

At most one element, yes; I question why that design decision was made
as I'm more likely to want to delete all values rather than just the
first one (does anyone actually like/rely on the current functionality
of delete/deleteBy w.r.t. repeated values?).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com