[Haskell-cafe] Ghent Functional Programming Group: First Meeting on April 1, 2010

Jeroen Janssen jejansse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 10:38:57 EST 2010

Dear All,

The results of the doodle are in, and the result is that the first meeting of
the Ghent Functional Programming Group will be held on April 1, 2010 at 7pm in
meeting room "Shannon" in the Technicum building (Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41,
9000 Gent) of Ghent University. The automatic doors will be closed at this
time, but we will attach a notice with the telephone number of the meeting
room at the front door in the outer left of the building, so you can call us
to let you in.

We would like to ask anyone even remotely considering to participate to fill
in the following Google form:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEtsR2ZIdVhqeVdRNkx6bmxCdF9Lanc6MA

Filling in this form does not commit you to anything, but merely serves as an
indication of the number of participants for our sake. We will also only be
sending follow-up mails with the final program etc. to the persons that have
registered. If you do not intend to come to this first meeting, but wish to be
updated on our activities, you can follow us on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/ghentfpg

or you can sign-up for our Google group:

http://groups.google.com/group/ghent-fpg

Our current program already contains one talk by Tom Schrijvers entitled
"Functional Pearl: The Monad Zipper", with the following abstract:

"This pearl aims to demonstrate the application of Huet's zipper to the
monad stack
for the development of highly modular programs."

Anyone willing to give a talk on a subject that fits the scope can e-mail us
with a proposed topic, no matter what experience level you have, or no matter
how short or long the talk will be.

Kind Regards,
Bart Coppens
Jeroen Janssen