[Haskell-cafe] Real-time garbage collection for Haskell

Simon Cranshaw simon.cranshaw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 00:22:24 EST 2010

John,

I suspect speed is more important than timing.  In practice I don't mind a
pause for a gc when nothing is happening in the market.  It's when the
market is moving fast that we particularly want to keep our response time
low. Busy times may continue for long periods though and I'm not sure if
being able to defer gc (if that's what you're suggesting) would be possible
for that long.  We are still studying how the gc times are interacting with
our response times and so hopefully I will have a better answer to this
later on.

Simon