[Haskell-cafe] cabal install darcs fails on Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 12:13:06 EST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 3:44 PM, George Colpitts
<george.colpitts at gmail.com> wrote:
> /usr/bin/hsc2hs: line 16: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
> /usr/bin/hsc2hs: line 17: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Sounds like a problem with hsc2hs itself.

> When I installed ghc on Snow Leopard I followed the instructions at
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Mac_OS_X

It says:
Many packages need hsc2hs. To make it work correctly you need similar hackery:
 * Open /usr/bin/hsc2hs
 * Insert --cflag="-m32" --lflag="-m32" before $tflag

My best guess is that you mistyped this step and dropped a double
quote, or something.