[Haskell-cafe] Num instance for Lazy ByteStrings (was: NumLazyByteString Package License)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Mar 8 17:29:43 EST 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Thomas DuBuisson wrote:

> Tristan and other interested parties on the Cafe,
>
> Answering your question first, Tristan: I was going to use BSD3 (if it
> isn't already) for the NumLazyByteString.

Is NumLazyByteString a newtype around Bytestring.Lazy that interprets the
bit stream represented by the ByteString as integer? If so, could this
also be done using a newtype around [Integer], where appropriately large
Integers are used? If yes, you may find
   http://code.haskell.org/numeric-prelude/src/Number/Positional.hs
  useful.