[Haskell-cafe] Re: Anyone up for Google SoC 2010?

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 11 08:42:48 EST 2010

Alp Mestanogullari wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Andrew Coppin
> <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com <mailto:andrewcoppin at btinternet.com>> wrote:
>
>     According to this page, shared libraries are not supported on
>     *any* platform except MacOS. Surely that's no longer true?
>

> They are supported on Linux too now [1]. I don't know the status
> regarding Windows though.

Yeah, I thought the IHG recently spent a bunch of money on getting it
working on Linux. I gather Windows is a lowER priority (although it IS
on the to-do list).

It seems there's a bunch of information about GHC on the GHC developer's
website, but it's often not especially up-to-date. (I guess the GHC devs
have code to write, after all...)