[Haskell-cafe] darcs hacking sprint (ZuriHac) info!

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Mar 15 12:02:46 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,

Just some quick information for those of you who are interested in
working on Darcs at ZuriHac

Pre-sprint meeting - Fri 12:00; pizzeria
We'll be meeting for lunch at Friday noon at the Pizzeria Santa Lucia
Niederdorf (Marktgasse 21), near the City Backpacker hostel.

Details on http://wiki.darcs.net/Sprints/2010-03

This will be a great chance for introductions (especially for new or
potential Darcs hackers).  On the agenda:

 - prioritising ProbablyEasy bugs for new Darcs hackers
 - plans for the sprint (news, other meetings, discussions, etc)

Get your laptops ready!
-----------------------
You'll have more fun if you can hit the ground running, so
please make sure you can do all of these things:

  1. darcs get --lazy http://darcs.net
  2. cabal configure; cabal build
  3. darcs send (your patch should wind up on the tracker)

#3 is especially important.  Here's the quick start

  3a. create a test patch (see http://darcs.net/report.html )
  3b. see http://wiki.darcs.net/Msmtp
  3c. darcs send
  3d. wait 10 minutes
  3e. check the patch tracker http://bugs.darcs.net (Patches > Show Open)

Travel reimbursements possible
------------------------------
Thanks to a successful fundraising effort, we will be able to reimburse
travel costs for folks working on Darcs.

Do let me know if you're interested, and please save your receipts!  If
you have electronic tickets, I think that's fine (perhaps even better);
please email them to me.

More information on the wiki
Information about the sprint, including meetings and maps will be on
  http://wiki.darcs.net/Sprints/2010-03

It may be a good idea to darcs get --lazy http://wiki.darcs.net before
you leave so that you have an up to date version of the wiki :-)

Thanks to our donors for making this sprint possible and to Johan and
the Zurich/Google crew for setting up this massive hackathon.

Whee!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9