[Haskell-cafe] installing Haskell

love_pku love_pku at yeah.net
Fri Mar 19 04:00:50 EDT 2010

I am sorry to trouble you but I have problems to install Haskell.

Things run smoothly when I do the command ‘./configure’, But some errors appeared when I

run the command ‘make’. The details are as follows(in red font):

Distribution/Client/HttpUtils.hs:127:49:

   Couldn't match expected type `network-2.2.1.2:Network.URI.URI'

          against inferred type `URI'

   In the fourth argument of `AuthBasic', namely `uri'

   In the first argument of `Just', namely

       `(AuthBasic "" usr pwd uri)'

   In the expression: Just (AuthBasic "" usr pwd uri)

Distribution/Client/HttpUtils.hs:135:37:

   Couldn't match expected type `network-2.2.1.2:Network.URI.URI'

          against inferred type `URI'

   In the `rqURI' field of a record

   In the expression:

       Request

         {rqURI = uri, rqMethod = GET,

          rqHeaders = [Header HdrUserAgent userAgent],

          rqBody = ByteString.empty}

   In the definition of `mkRequest':

       mkRequest uri

                   = Request

                       {rqURI = uri, rqMethod = GET,

                        rqHeaders = [Header HdrUserAgent userAgent],

                        rqBody = ByteString.empty}

                   where

                       userAgent = "cabal-install/" ++ display Paths_cabal_install.version

Error:

Building the cabal-install-0.6.2 package failed

make: *** [build.stamp] Error 2

If I install cabal-install manually, the errors will be:

# /usr/bin/runhaskell Setup configure

Configuring cabal-install-0.6.2...

Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same

package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.

package HTTP-4000.0.6 requires network-2.2.1.2

package cabal-install-0.6.2requires network-2.2.1.4