[Haskell-cafe] Re: Occurs check error, help!

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 23:58:53 EDT 2010

On 22 March 2010 14:52, adamtheturtle <kill2thrill at hotmail.com> wrote:
> So sorry to keep on going on about this but I have been set to start with
> "shuffle :: Int -> [a] -> [a]" so I have to do that and can't use the given code
> and I
> really don't know where to put (Eq a)

First of all, do a tutorial or something rather than blindly setting
out to code.

Secondly, if you have to use that type signature, then you're doing it
the wrong way since you can't use that type signature with your code.

Thirdly, if you have been "set to start with ...", then this sounds
like homework.  As such, you really should have stated this.  For more
information, see the Homework Help policy:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Homework_help (and the humorous
version: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Humor/Homework ).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic