[Haskell-cafe] Re: Software Deployment and Distribution - WAS Re: CUFP mailing list

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Mon Mar 22 19:12:38 EDT 2010

Hello Erik,

the software I wrote and am about to sell was developed for use by
German Hospitals only. It's being used to calculate a departments share
of the revenues paid by the insurance companies for a case and needed
every 6 months by the hospitals when it enters budget negotiations with
the insurance companies. It could for instance not be used by Hospitals
outside of Germany.

I think it is unlikely that the Hospitals would try to "hack" my
application but thanks for the concern.

But I do need something in place, something that will check if the
hospital is using a licensed version. It is also expected on the
customers side otherwise the customer would not even consider using the
software but reject it outright.

Best regards

Günther