[Haskell-cafe] Bytestrings and [Char]

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:02:13 EDT 2010

Once we have a  tree of type classes suitable for all containers, as you
said, theoretically it  shouldn't very difficult to incorporate the testing
of different instances for each class used in a program, besides  testing
different compilation flags in a genetic algoritm. This latter has already
been done.
<http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/evolving-faster-haskell-programs-now-with-llvm/>

http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/evolving-faster-haskell-programs-now-with-<http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2010/03/01/evolving-faster-haskell-programs-now-with-llvm/>

To find automatically the best combination of class implementations and
compilation flags in a single process would be very useful and would save a
lot of manual testing.