[Haskell-cafe] State of the Haskell Web Application Stack

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Mar 24 17:37:38 EDT 2010

Hi Ozgun,

At the moment, I would say that Happstack is your best bet on a mature
option for Haskell web development. There are other systems being developed,
but none have been battle-tested as much as Happstack (as far as I know). I
know that patch-tag[1] was written with it, for example.

That said, there's a lot of effort right now in expanding the web
development landscape for Haskell. I suggest you subscribe to the web-devel
mailing list and follow the discussions there. Jeremy Shaw, for example, is
currently working on a package called URLT, which promises type-safe URLs.
(I know the PHP project I'm consulting on right now could *really* use this
feature.)

Things are exciting right now, and you can probably have a lot of input on
the direction of development. Also, if you want a more experimental
framework, I'll recommend you check out Yesod[2] (which I am writing).

Michael

[1] http://patch-tag.com/
[2] http://www.yesodweb.com/code.html