[Haskell-cafe] Are there any female Haskellers?

Leon Smith leon.p.smith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 18:09:53 EDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:
> For some reason it started out as a male dominated field.  Let's assume
> for cultural reasons.  Once it became a male dominated field, us males
> unknowingly made the work and learning environments somewhat hostile
> or unattractive to women.  I bet I would feel out of place if I were the only
> male in a class of 100 women.

Is this really true?  I've heard rumors that in the early days of
programming, that women were in the majority,  or at least they
represented a much greater proportion of programmers than they do now.
  I seem to recall that this started to change sometime in the 60s.
Of course,  I can't recall when or where I heard these stories,   and
I'm not sure that my source was reliable,   so I might be completely
off on this count.

Best,
Leon