[Haskell-cafe] Re: Are there any female Haskellers?

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Sun Mar 28 16:14:44 EDT 2010

2010/3/28 Pekka Enberg <penberg at cs.helsinki.fi>

> 2010/3/28 Günther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de>:
> > This is definately a point where we will continue to disagree. I found
> > myself assuming that there are no female haskellers and wanted to verify
> it
> > by asking for data.
>
> So what exactly is off-topic for this list?  Is unsubscribing from the
> list the only option to get rid of this kind of utter nonsense posts
> that contain absolutely zero valuable discussion on _Haskell_?

My personal interpretation of this list is that it is for discussions that
are potentially interesting to haskell programmers for one of several
reasons, including but not limited to a) it's about haskell; Or, b) it's
about the haskell community.

I would say that this discussion is quite beneficial to the latter category.
 One of the things that makes Haskell special to me is how thoughtful and
inclusive the community was when I discovered it.  I would love it see it
become more gender inclusive also.

And as Luke Palmer suggests, perhaps you can ignore/filter these discussions
that you do not enjoy :)

Thanks,
Jason