[Haskell-cafe] First Ghent FPG Meeting on April 1, 19h: Program and Final Details

Jeroen Janssen jejansse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 16:30:00 EDT 2010

Dear all,

We are nearing the First Ghent Functional Programming Group (Ghent FPG) Meeting, and, judging by the number of people that registered on the google form (28!), it will be quite crowded! The final formal program is as follows:

1. Jeroen Janssen - Welcome and short introduction to FP
2. Jasper Van der Jeugt - "BlazeHtml: a blazingly fast Html generator in Haskell"
3. Tom Schrijvers - "Functional Pearl: The Monad Zipper"
4. Romain Slootmaekers - "Functional Programming at Amplidata" (not yet fully confirmed)
5. Denis Defreyne, Pieter De Baets - "An introduction to Phunctional Programming"
6. Short discussion on the direction of the Ghent Functional Programming Group

The meeting takes place on Thursday, April 1, starting at 19h, in meeting room "Shannon" of the Technicum Building of Ghent University (Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, 9000 Gent). Since the automatic sliding doors will be closed, we will put up a note on the sliding doors on the front left, with a phone number you can call to get in. If you are uncertain whether you'll be able to find the venue, just ask for our cellphone number by e-mail, so you can call us if you get lost.

Hope to see you all on Thursday,
Bart Coppens (Bart.Coppens at elis.ugent.be)
Jeroen Janssen (jejansse at gmail.com)
The Ghent FPG organizing committee.