[Haskell-cafe] Re: Are there any female Haskellers?

Pekka Enberg penberg at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Mar 28 17:08:49 EDT 2010

Hi Luke,

Luke Palmer wrote:
> It sounds like you are complaining because people are not talking
> about what you want them to be talking about.  This will happen in
> large groups.

No, that's not the problem here at all. I don't have any expectations
on what people should talk about and am fairly capable in filtering
out discussions I am interested in.

However, I did assume this was a mostly _technical_ list on _Haskell_
not a list to hold discussions on utterly pointless babbling about
"Haskell and gender" or "Haskell and sexual orientation". I mean, I
see enough trolling on the other mailing lists I am subscribed to and
have absolutely no interest in filling my inbox with this noise.

So again: is this discussion on-topic or not? The official description here:

  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Mailing_lists

seems to suggest it's not:

  Try to keep discussions on-topic. Threads that have lost any relevance
  to the Haskell language should be moved elsewhere, including tangential
  or joking posts (though humor in the context of on-topic discussion is
  welcome.)

			Pekka