[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell.org re-design

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 28 19:24:41 EDT 2010

On 29 March 2010 00:08, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:

>>> By the looks of it, yes. If you go to 'Edit this page', you can see
>>> that it's made out of wikimedia templates. But that's just a guess.
>>
>> I meant, in the redesign, is the intent to make the front page a wiki
>> page, or a special static page?
>>

> I think the goal is an attractive non-wiki page with live content.

Right -- ideally the index page would be written separately from the
Wiki but maybe use its libraries or at least in some way access the
wiki database so that the index page can be manipulated through the
wiki. Each section is kind of modular anyway.

I'm trying out the 1.5 version I got from the mediawiki svn now. A
copy of the database sans users would be nice. How big is it? I can
construct my own example db but it's nice to work with the real thing.