[Haskell-cafe] Are there any female Haskellers?

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Mar 29 18:01:11 EDT 2010

On Mar 30, 2010, at 4:19 AM, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
> Taming a horse is good for survival, but we do not evolved for
> taming horses (this is only done a few milennia ago). Learning to
> driving a car is now good for survival, but we don´t evolved for
> that. even the invention of the arrow and the spear is relatively
> recent.

The spear goes back nearly half a million years.
For the Schöningen spears,
http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc97/3_1_97/fob2.htm
For the Clacton spear:
http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/piclib/www/image.php?img=46773&search=spear

The spear is old than modern Homo sapiens and may be older
than archaic Homo sapiens.  To some degree, therefore, we _did_
evolve to work with spears (and a lot of other tools too; the
bag may well have been far more important).

There is some evidence that arrows may go back 60,000 years,
which is time enough for some evolutionary effect.

I grant you that driving cars is recent (:-) (:-)!