[Haskell-cafe] Shootout update

Isaac Gouy igouy2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 16:26:33 EDT 2010

On Mar 30, 1:26 am, Simon Marlow <marlo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> The shootout (sorry, Computer Language Benchmarks Game) ...

In a different time, in a different place, "the shootout" meant a football once again flying over the cross bar or harmlessly into the arms of the keeper and England once more exiting an international competition.

Here in "the west" it has meant slaughter - back in 2004 crossed-pistols were suggested as the website image.

Wading through Google search results comprised of porn sites and college mass murder just wasn't a bright happy start to the day for me - so after Virginia Tech I changed the name.

I should probably have moved everything to a new project (a new URL).