[Haskell-cafe] Build problems (hsp, trhsx, ultimately Happstack)

Warren Harris warrensomebody at gmail.com
Sat May 1 13:06:33 EDT 2010

On May 1, 2010, at 3:39 AM, Daniel Fischer wrote:

> Try
>
> $ cabal install  --constraint="Crypto<4.2.1" --
> constraint="HJScript<0.5"
> happs-tutorial

This had the same problem building containers:

Building containers-0.2.0.1...

Data/IntMap.hs:182:7:
     Could not find module `Data.Data':
       It is a member of the hidden package `base'.
       Perhaps you need to add `base' to the build-depends in
your .cabal file.
       Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

On May 1, 2010, at 6:24 AM, Jeremy Shaw wrote:

> I would recommend:
>
> darcs get --lazy http://patch-tag.com/r/mae/happstack
> cd happstack
> chmod +x bin/build-install-all.sh
> ./bin/build-install-all.sh
>
> This should install the latest version of happstack from darcs which
> resolves most install problems. I intend to release it any minute
> now, but I am waiting for a patch to hsp.cabal to be applied.

This had a different problem building happstack itself:

Building happstack-0.4.3...
trhsx: Error at SrcLoc {srcFilename = "src/HSP/IdentityT.hs", srcLine
= 73, srcColumn = 1}:
Illegal instance declaration
happstack-0.4.3 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

I can't see anything that looks obviously wrong with line 73 of that
file, but haven't studied it in detail.

Warren