[Haskell-cafe] Learning about Programming Languages (specifically Haskell)

Samuel Williams space.ship.traveller at gmail.com
Mon May 3 04:48:45 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

I'm looking for some help from the Haskell community. I hope this is the right place to ask for information.

I'm putting together a website aimed at high school students and teachers, and would like to add a few paragraphs to the following page:

	http://programming.dojo.net.nz/languages/haskell/index

... explaining why one would want to learn Haskell. I don't know the answer to this since I don't use Haskell extensively. What are the main application areas and how is it useful?

Any other suggestions or ideas for the Haskell page would be fantastic, and any suggestions to other pages in general is also very helpful.

	http://programming.dojo.net.nz/

Kind regards,
Samuel