[Haskell-cafe] eclipse, haskell-platform and windows. Installation problem.

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon May 3 14:27:12 EDT 2010

On Montag 03 Mai 2010 19:58:54, Han Joosten wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Then, again i tried 'runhaskell setup.hs configure', but this failed
> again with exactly the same message as before. It seems that all
> packages that I installed dissapeared!

I think it's the fact that cabal-install by default does user-installs (now
also on Windows, AFAIK), while the runhaskell ./Setup.hs way does global
installs by default.

So your newly downloaded packages are in the user package-db (verify that
via ghc-pkg list), and not available for global installs.

The fix would then be one of
a) use cabal-install to install scion (cd to scion directory and "cabal
install" instead of runhaskell ...)
b) pass the "--user" flag to runhaskell ./Setup configure
c) reinstall the packages with the "--global" flag for cabal-install

IMO, a) is the best way.

> I probably do something stupid, but I cannot figure out what I should
> do. Any help is welcome!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Han Joosten

HTH,