[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell and scripting

Limestraël limestrael at gmail.com
Fri May 7 22:18:13 EDT 2010

You might have misunderstood me.

When using hint, one wants the script to be interpreted.
It is interpreted when called " loadModules ["Script"] ", but if we call
later " interpret *something* (as :: Something) ", the *something *can be
any Haskell code, not just a function name, which means hint has also to
interpret the *something*.
So, IMO, a double interpretation is done when a function such as "getSymbol
*functionName *(as :: FuncType)", which would simply get the function, would
be sufficient.
I don't know if hint/GHC API allows to do such a thing...