[Haskell-cafe] installing haskell platform on 64-bit ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid)

Andy Lee thelees.andy at gmail.com
Fri May 7 23:20:25 EDT 2010

Has anyone had problems getting Haskell Platform installed on Ubuntu
10.04?

I've got GHC 6.12.1 installed via apt-get, and I've
downloaded/untarred haskell-platform-2010.1.0.0.tar.gz.  But when I
run ./configure, it fails fairly quickly, with an error 'cause it
can't build the "hello world" test program, complaining:

     <command line>: unknown package: haskell98

Anyone else seen this? Am I missing something obvious?

--Andy