[Haskell-cafe] Why cannot ghc find a existng module ?

zaxis z_axis at 163.com
Mon May 10 04:40:13 EDT 2010

I have reinstall ghc, xmonad and xmonad-contrib but it still doesnot work!

%ghc-pkg list|grep xmonad
    xmonad-0.9.1
    xmonad-contrib-0.9.1

%cat
/usr/lib/ghc-6.12.1/package.conf.d/xmonad-contrib-0.9.1-e073c906e3b29eb062e632e9bb989664.conf|grep
LayoutHints
                 XMonad.Layout.LayoutCombinators XMonad.Layout.LayoutHints

%ls
/usr/lib/ghc-6.12.1/site-local/xmonad-contrib-0.9.1/XMonad/Layout/LayoutHints.hi
../site-local/xmonad-contrib-0.9.1/XMonad/Layout/LayoutHints.hi

LayoutHints is indeed there. But ghc still cannot find it !

Thanks for your suggestion. i will try #xmonad and xmond mailinglist later!

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:

> zaxis <z_axis at 163.com> writes:
>
>> It seems that it is not a xmonad problem as xmond just call ghc
>> directly.
>
> Well, yes, except that it might be something else to do with your
> config, etc. and as such the xmonad mailing list is probably more
> relevant.
>
> --
> Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
> Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com