[Haskell-cafe] Re: What do _you_ want to see in FGL?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon May 10 10:08:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, 11 May 2010, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:

> Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> writes:
>>
>> That is, in principle you could also use an unlabelled graph with
>> FilePath as node type and you could manage a (Map FilePath (IO ()))
>> yourselve and FGL does even not know about its existence.
>
> Yes, but why?  That's part of the convenience of FGL: the labels are
> handled _for you_.

Because looking up the Map is already very convenient. Why shall I go via
the graph? In the Make example, the graph represents relations between
files. It is not important what particular shell commands must be run for
generating one file from other ones. Why bothering the topological sort
algorithm with that information then?