[Haskell-cafe] Re: tweak vacuum-* output

Gleb Alexeyev gleb.alexeev at gmail.com
Thu May 13 04:23:31 EDT 2010

Ozgur Akgun wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> I see your point, that Ubigraph does some magic* to place vertices and
> edges.
> This makes me wonder, how they generate the binary tree demo:
> http://ubietylab.net/ubigraph/content/Demos/random_binary_tree.html
> Is there a way to disable this optimal graph layout determination process?
>
> Best,
> Ozgur

Ozgur,
I've just compared the way vacuum-ubigraph visualizes binary trees to
the random_binary_tree demo and found that I had missed an important
edge attribute called "oriented", it seems to produce the output you want.

I hope to upload the new package version soon, meanwhile you can do the
following (assuming you use Linux):

cabal unpack vacuum-ubigraph
patch -d vacuum-ubigraph-0.1.0.3/ -p 1 < vacuum-ubigraph-oriented.patch
cd vacuum-ubigraph-0.1.0.3
cabal configure && cabal build && cabal install