[Haskell-cafe] Re: What do _you_ want to see in FGL?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Fri May 14 03:50:31 EDT 2010

Heinrich Apfelmus <apfelmus at quantentunnel.de> writes:
> I'd be happy with either one. :) In both cases, I want to specify a
> custom vertex type.

Except an abstract type isn't a custom vertex type...

> I can either do that directly if the library permits, though I think the
> solution with associated types is too cumbersome to be useful for my
> make  example.

Why?

> Or I get an abstract  Node  type and the library provides just the right
> functions that make it easy to manage a custom vertex type myself. I had
> hoped that the  Data.Graph.Inductive.NodeMap  module provides this,
> which it doesn't.

Not sure I follow what you're saying here; then again, my graph stuff
has typically been to create the graph and then do stuff to it _as_ a
graph (and not wanting/needing to get a specific node based upon its
label, etc.).

> You're right, I now realize that this design doesn't work. But you asked
> for wishes, so I wished for something. ;)

Heh, fair enough, except I didn't ask for wishes, just what people would
like to see ;-)

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com