[Haskell-cafe] [reactive] A pong and integrate

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Mon May 17 10:00:09 EDT 2010

> I did not look thoroughly at elerea, but at least, when I tried its sample
> "dungeons of wor" it worked properly ;)
Elerea has its own 'beauty' though. I suggest unpacking the source of
dow and executing it in ghci, the problem will be obvious as you play at
length. Unfortunately, Elerea doesn't really work well as an EDSL,
however much I'd like it to. Its main issue is that unreferenced
entities keep using CPU time until they are garbage collected -- this
comes from the necessity to keep them referentially transparent, i.e.
behaving the same way regardless of how they are observed --, and
currently I don't see any way to solve that without implementing a
dedicated runtime for dynamic stream processing.

So there, no FRP library without a catch for you. ;)

Gergely