[Haskell-cafe] Wait forever in main thread

Roel van Dijk vandijk.roel at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:13:53 EDT 2010

Use our threads package [1].

import Control.Concurrent.Thread ( forkIO, wait_ )

myDBusThingie :: IO ()
myDBusThingie = error "TODO"

main :: IO ()
main = do tid <- forkIO myDBusThingie
          wait_ tid

But like David said, this is only usefull if you plan on multiple
concurrent waits or doing some other work during the wait. Otherwise
you can simply replace the contents of main with myDBusThingie.

Regards,
Roel

1 - http://hackage.haskell.org/package/threads (new, backwards
compatible, version will be released soon)