[Haskell-cafe] Re: GADTs and Scrap your Boilerplate

Alexander Solla ajs at 2piix.com
Tue May 18 18:30:01 EDT 2010

On May 18, 2010, at 3:27 PM, John Creighton wrote:

> I looked again at the paper (page 27):
> Haskell's Overlooked object system.
> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~ralf/OOHaskell/paper.pdf

Is there any particular reason why you like that paper so much?
Object orientation is nice, when you're dealing with "object-like"
normal forms (that's actually quite rare, for most models of OO.  The
actor model is the only one I can think of off-hand with a "natural"
interpretation).  Otherwise, it's just an extra, unnecessary layer of
abstraction.