[Haskell-cafe] [reactive] A pong and integrate

Ben Christy ben.christy at gmail.com
Sun May 23 18:51:57 EDT 2010

Assuming Haskell is ready has any work gone into creating design patterns or
the like. One of the biggest problems is ALL of the literature regarding
game programming is written in an imperative style. My goal for learning
Haskell is to make a hobby game written in a Functional language but I am at
a loss how to go about it. I an imperative language I would set up a central
entity management system and then have subsystems register with it and
either transform the entities such as AI or user interface or do something
with them IE graphics. This paradigm just will not work as far as I can
imagine in Haskell.