[Haskell-cafe] Good US Grad schools for functional languages?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Mon May 24 17:35:14 EDT 2010

2010/05/17 Tim Chevalier <catamorphism at gmail.com>:
> The first three names on that list of faculty members are members of
> the HASP group (High Assurance Systems Programming), which is an
> active research group focused on developing a call-by-value Haskell
> variant for systems programming. More info at
> http://hasp.cs.pdx.edu/

  Does call-by-value mean actually strict?

  Looking over the page on execution order on Wikipedia, it
  seems that there are degrees of strictness. I'm curious about
  the choice that was made with HASP. They seem to have bottom,
  according to the report; yet I don't know how you'd have
  bottom without laziness of some kind.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/