[Haskell-cafe] Writing a web service client

Ionut G. Stan ionut.g.stan at gmail.com
Tue May 25 07:26:32 EDT 2010

Hi, café

I've begun learning Haskell for some time already, and although I don't
really feel confident writing real world Haskell, I have a little idea
that I want to materialize in Haskell code so I'm pretty eager to do
something instead of just reading books and blog posts.

The first step that I want to undertake is to write a client library for
the GitHub API, so my questions would be:

1. Is there any such library?
2. What other client library should I consider as an API model? Or maybe
there's some paper/blog post on how do design a Haskell API?
3. What network package do people use for accessing simple, rest-like
web services? Network.Curl? If not, which other?

Thanks,
--
Ionuț G. Stan  |  http://igstan.ro