[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] SyntaxMacros-0.1

Marcos Viera marcosomarviera at gmail.com
Tue May 25 21:33:54 EDT 2010

Hi Oscar,

In which order do you recommend I try to learn the packages: HList ->
> AspectAG -> SyntaxMacros?

I think  HList -> TTTAS -> AspectAG -> SyntaxMacros is the best.

 I tried to read the SyntaxMacros-paper but had a hard time
> understanding which parts belonged to the package and which parts
> belonged to your new mini-language. Do you got the mini-language as a
> separate download?

The examples folder in the package has the implementation of the
mini-language and its extension.

> You mention in the paper that the source of the paper is in literate
> Haskell and that the code is available but I can't find it at the
> wiki.  I found some code (Expr.hs, Main.hs) in the examples-folder in
> the packages source code (SyntaxMacrox-0.1.tar.gz) but it doesn't seem
> to match 1:1 to the code in the paper (couldn't for example find
> extSpecChars in the paper or updateFinalEnv in the source code).

The package includes the code of the paper:

- Language.Grammars.Grammar has the grammar representation (section 3.1)
- Language.Grammars.SyntaxMacros has the code of the syntax macros library
(section 3.3)
- The mini-language is in the examples folder, as I said before. Main.hs has
the code of the first figures and Expr.hs has the code of the semantics
definitions and redefinitons.
- updateFinalEnv and the other functions and datatypes showed in section 3.2
are included in the package TTTAS.
- extSpecChars  and extKeywordsTxt are used to extend the scanner. That's
not explained in the paper :-(

I hope that helped, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
 marcos