[Haskell-cafe] currying combinators

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Thu May 27 20:32:21 EDT 2010

So what would you consider a proof that there are no total Haskell
functions of that type?
Or, using Curry-Howard, a proof that the corresponding logical formula
is unprovable in intuitionistic logic?
As I understand, in general this can only be proven using meta theory
rather than the logic itself (it could happen that the given formula
implies absurdity, and then we'd know it can't be proven, given that
the logic is consistent).
If Djinn correctly implements the decision procedure that have been
proven to be total (using meta theory), then I would regard Djinn
saying no as a proof that there is no function of that type.

   -- Lennart