[Haskell-cafe] Re: Math questions

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Fri May 28 09:32:13 EDT 2010

Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> If one is giving a *serious* answer, it has to be an answer a
> beginner (who has almost certainly never heard of Traversable)
> can make sense of, and if it uses functions that are pretty
> much certain not to be in said beginner's text book, said
> beginner has to be told quite clearly where to find them.

You're right. It wasn't really a serious answer, it was meant
for fun. Definitely along the lines of Ivan's "Haskell Effect".
I think Mujtaba has been enjoying this discussion. I hope
we'll be seeing more of him around here.

Thanks to you and Ivan for pointing out sources, though.

My "for" function was indeed "flip map". Perhaps it's not
in any library, but it's often seen on the #haskell IRC
channel. :)

Regards,
Yitz