[Haskell-cafe] Finding the contents of haskell platform?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Nov 1 10:38:00 EDT 2010

I know there's a .cabal file for the latest version of HP somewhere,
but I can't coerce Google into finding me a link that actually works.
Furthermore, the following page:

http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/contents.html

does list all the contents, but to my big surprise it doesn't link to
the specific versions of the packages for HP, instead it links to the
latest version found on Hackage.

Would someone with the power to make changes on the HP pages *please*
make it as easy as possible to find the *exact* specification of what
HP contains?  Please, pretty please with sugar on top.

No, a changelog entry
(http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/changelog.html) is not very
helpful (why the HP front page links to it I can't understand).

Going via the Haskell wiki
(http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_Platform#What.27s_in_the_platform)
to find a link to the .cabal
(http://code.haskell.org/haskell-platform/haskell-platform.cabal) is
not that user friendly.  It's even worse that the latter link doesn't
seem to work at all at the moment.

(The short irritated tone in this email accurately shows my
desperation with the situation: I thought I would be able to find this
information with only 5 minutes to spare before my next meeting.)

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org