[Haskell-cafe] What is simplest extension language to implement?

Permjacov Evgeniy permeakra at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 05:46:19 EDT 2010

ehm. I missed something and ghc api is well documented and stable ?

The problem is that haskell is overkill here and it requires esoteric
extensions for some tasks (Rank2Types for reflection, for example). It
is inacceptable for scripting language, faced to no-programmers. Such
languages must be as plain and regular, as possible. So, statically
typed languages are out of consideration: they either have poor
expressive power, or have expressive, but  complex type system (as
haskell), or relies on hacks within language for some tasks(typecasts
and duck typing in c++). Scheme may be acceptable, and possibly
EcmaScript. I do not know any other acceptable standartized language.
Yet, Scheme has really ugly synthax and Ecma-262 standard is 250 pages
long (Of course, it is not C++ with about 1000 pages in standart, but it
still hurts to read 250 pages of techdocs in foreign language).