[Haskell-cafe] CPS Error Monad

Brandon Moore brandon_m_moore at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 15:11:22 EDT 2010

That's surprising, I think LogicT gains significant performance from that sort
of CPS conversion.

Was your code like this?

newtype ErrorC e a = ErrorC (runErrorC :: forall r . (e -> r) -> (a -> r) -> r)

instance Monad (ErrorC e) where
  return x = ErrorC (\fail succeed -> succeed x)
  ErrorC part1 >>= f =
     ErrorC (\fail succeed -> part1 fail (\a -> runErrorC (f a) fail succeed))

instance MonadError e (ErrorC e) where
  throwError e = ErrorC (\fail succeed -> fail e)
  catchError m handler = ErrorC (\fail succeed ->
     runErrorC m (\err -> runErrorC (handler err) fail succeed) succeed)

Brandon Moore