[Haskell-cafe] trying to use Tag Soup - fromAttrib

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:47:03 EDT 2010

Hi Michael,

If you just replace all 'str' with 'String' when reading the signature
then that will almost certainly be sufficient for your purposes. So
read it as:

fromAttrib :: String -> Tag String -> String

Where "Tag String" can be thought of as just "Tag". If you try to
parse HTML with regular expressions you'll probably find it much
harder than using tagsoup.

As one of the previous commenter's guessed, Show is indeed required
only for nice error messages. I think it's also probably redundant,
since StringLike has a toString style method on it anyway.

Thanks, Neil