[Haskell-cafe] Re: "Haskell is a scripting language inspired by Python."

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:03:50 EDT 2010

Python is approximately as old as Python and most likely got
indentation from ABC.

Checking on Wikipedia, one of the ABC's creators was Lambert Meertens
(famous for *-morphisms amongst other things) so there is a lineage
going back to Algol and Peter Landin / ISWIM.

PS. my fact-checking is a bit ropey, but I think my general point
stands that the current popular languages haven't taken much if
anything from Haskell, rather its predecessors in the functional
family.