[Haskell-cafe] Re: "Haskell is a scripting language inspired by Python."

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Fri Nov 5 11:27:11 EDT 2010

> On 5/11/2010, at 8:54 AM, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Can you actually run something like Haskell with mere kilobytes of
> RAM?

I recall running Haskell-like programs (compiled by Gofer, the
predecessor of Hugs) on a machine with 256Kb of memory, back in the
early 1990s.  They were smallish programs of course.  The interpreter/
RTS was about 50Kb, the bytecode for the program took up a few Kb, and
there was about 100Kb of stack and heap combined, so I was not even
using the full capacity of the machine.

Regards,
     Malcolm