[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: arrow-list. List arrows for Haskell.

Sebastian Fischer fischer at nii.ac.jp
Sat Nov 6 20:40:14 EDT 2010

On Nov 6, 2010, at 10:00 PM, Sebastiaan Visser wrote:

> List arrows are a powerful tool when processing XML, building query
> languages and lots of other domains that build on functions that
> might return more than one value as their output.

Interesting. Do you plan to write some examples that show

   * how to use ListArrows,
   * differences to using the list monad, and
   * when using ListArrow is preferrable?

I'm interested to see something like this worked out although I have
some rough ideas like "monads are more powerful and arrows may allow
stronger reasoning and more efficient implementations". Can you
substantiate these general points for the concrete case of ListArrow
vs list monad?

I assume your implementation is *not* more efficient than the list
monad as it builds on ListT.

Sebastian