[Haskell-cafe] Re: Manatee - The Haskell/Gtk+ Integrated Live Environment first version release!

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Fri Nov 12 02:27:29 EST 2010

On 11/12/10 04:37, Andy Stewart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have write Simple Manual at http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Manatee
>
> Enjoy! :)

Hello!

I'm trying to follow installation steps on OpenSolaris 2009.06, but glib
installation fails with:

$ cabal install --user glib
Resolving dependencies...
Downloading glib-0.12.0...

/tmp/glib-0.12.015451/glib-0.12.0/Gtk2HsSetup.hs:25:0:
     warning: #warning Setup.hs is guessing the version of Cabal. If
compilation of Setup.hs fails use -DCABAL_VERSION_MINOR=x for Cabal
version 1.x.0 when building (prefixed by --ghc-option= when using the
'cabal' command)
[1 of 2] Compiling Gtk2HsSetup      (
/tmp/glib-0.12.015451/glib-0.12.0/Gtk2HsSetup.hs,
/tmp/glib-0.12.015451/glib-0.12.0/dist/setup/Gtk2HsSetup.o )

/tmp/glib-0.12.015451/glib-0.12.0/Gtk2HsSetup.hs:56:2:
    Module
    `Distribution.Simple.PackageIndex'
    does not export
    `lookupPackageId'
glib-0.12.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

My cabal is:

$ cabal --version
cabal-install version 0.8.2
using version 1.8.0.2 of the Cabal library

And ghc is:

$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.10.4

Do you have any idea what to do with this failure? i.e. is my cabal old
or is it something different...

Thanks,
Karel
PS: Manatee screenshots are amazing and your code lines list even more!