[Haskell-cafe] Bracket around every IO computation monad

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 19:15:06 EST 2010

Hi!

> My approach using 'operational' package is equivalent to creating your
> own monad.  The beauty of 'operational' is that you don't need to
> worry about the pumbling of the monad, you just need to specify what
> to do with your operations.

True. Approach with "operational" is really beautiful. And it is
really great when you want things done. But for me, Haskell novice who
wants to learn more, it hides too much. So it is probably something I
would use in my code, but on the other hand I would like an exercise
of doing things by hand. So first 100 monads by hand and then such
libraries are useful, but also you exactly understand what are they
doing - what are they automating, which process you have been doing by
hand before.

So thank you for your approach. I didn't know that this can be
automated in so elegant way.

Mitar