[Haskell-cafe] Re: Re: Reply-To: Header in Mailinglists (was: About "Fun with type functions" example)

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 09:46:26 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 15:25 +0100, Arnaud Bailly wrote:
> I personnally use most of the time gmail, so I don't have access to a
> Reply-To-List feature (or do I?).
> I usually do Reply-to-all which I think is as I guess most mailers
> remove duplicate mails. Am I right?
>
> Arnaud

As message have the same Message-ID the servers have to (or at least
should - I'm too lazy right now to check the RFC) considered it 'the
same' message (i.e. say - oh. I've already received this message).

I tend to use reply-to-all or reply-to-list if the latter is present.

Regards

PS. Please note that sometimes people do not subscribe to receive
messages. For example I asked a few times on various mailing lists for
help when I was not interested in general discussion on topic asking to
add me to CC.

If the mailing list replaced Reply-To header it would required
additional effort for responders instead of just pressing reply-to-all.