[Haskell-cafe] Re: Re: Reply-To: Header in Mailinglists

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Sun Nov 21 03:24:42 EST 2010

> If the mailing list replaced Reply-To header it would required
> additional effort for responders instead of just pressing reply-to-
> all.

If the list were to add a "Reply-To:" header, but only in the case
where one was not already present, that would seem to me to be ideal.
(None of the internet polemics against Reply-To that I have seen, have
considered this modest suggestion.)

In the past, I have carefully used the Reply-To header to direct
posting an announcement).  Yet because there is a culture of "Reply-
To: is bad", and most MUAs do not have a "ReplyToList" option, most
respondents end up pushing "Reply to all", which ignores my setting of
"Reply-To:", and spams more people than necessary.

Regards,
     Malcolm