[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Graphalyze-0.11.0.0 and SourceGraph-0.7.0.0

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:24:32 EST 2010

I am pleased to announce the 0.7.0.0 release of my graph-theoretic
source code analysis tool SourceGraph [1], and the library it uses
Graphalyze 0.11.0.0 [2].

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/SourceGraph
[2]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Graphalyze

Changes in SourceGraph (apart from those resulting from improvements
to Graphalyze):

* Edge widths are now log-based rather than being the number of
function calls; this avoids having absurdly thick edges.

* Source files that were not able to be parsed are now listed both to
stderror and in the resulting report (thus helping you work out why
you're missing some code)

* Also builds with Cabal-1.10; whilst I do not currently have GHC 7
installed anywhere and thus can't test this, I know of no reason why
SourceGraph cannot be built with GHC 7 (unless it uses a library that
isn't buildable on GHC 7 that I have no control over).

Changes in Graphalyze:

* Legends can now contain text-only fields rather than just graphs;
also, the title of each legend is now displayed first rather than what
it describes.

* To fix a bug spotted by Han Joosten, the reports currently use
Posix-style path separators even on Windows (otherwise, HTML documents
produced on Windows were not in a state to be uploaded elsewhere).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com