[Haskell-cafe] Re: Unable to install packages

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Nov 28 12:07:38 CET 2010

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 27.11.2010, 21:37 -0800 schrieb Moisei:
> At the Leksah website there are instructions for installing it on
> Ubuntu.
>    1. sudo apt-get install cabal-install
>    2. sudo apt-get install libghc6-zlib-dev
>    3. cabal update
>    4. sudo cabal install cabal-install --global
>    5. sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev
>    6. sudo apt-get install libgtksourceview2.0-dev
>    7. sudo cabal install alex --global
>    8. sudo cabal install happy --global
>    9. sudo cabal install gtk2hs-buildtools --global
>   10. sudo apt-get install libglade2-dev
>   11. sudo cabal install glade --global
>   12. sudo cabal install leksah --global

I would not recommend using --global on Debian/Ubuntu-systems, as it
might interfere with packages installed by Debian. I recommend to not
use --global and install it into your /home (and add ~/.cabal/bin to
your PATH).

And I wonder if they really need the very latest versions of alex and
happy (Debian is one or two minor versions behind) or whether apt-get
install alex happy would suffice...

Greetings,
Joachim
--